🍬 Savannah's Famous Pralines Recipe 🍬
Savannah's Famous Pralines Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by combining the light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and light cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the pecans to the saucepan and continue to stir.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it reaches the soft ball stage, which is between 235 and 240 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the unsalted butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes creamy and cloudy, then quickly drop spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Allow the pralines to cool completely before serving.
Be sure to stir the mixture continuously to prevent it from burning. If the pralines are too hard, they were cooked for too long. If they're too soft, they weren't cooked long enough.
Immerse yourself in the sweet, Southern charm of Savannah, Georgia, by mastering the art of making Savannah's Famous Pralines. This delightful confection, a staple in Savannah's rich gastronomy, is a testament to the city's love for comfort food and traditional Southern recipes.
Our recipe for Savannah's Famous Pralines is a simple, yet rewarding culinary adventure. It combines the richness of light brown sugar, the sweetness of granulated sugar, the creaminess of light cream, and the nutty crunch of pecans. The addition of unsalted butter and vanilla extract further enhances the flavor profile, creating a dessert that is truly indulgent.
While the recipe is straightforward, the process of making pralines requires patience and precision. It's a delicate balance between achieving the perfect soft ball stage and stirring continuously to prevent burning. But don't worry, even if you're a novice in the kitchen, our step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process. And if you're looking for more easy-to-make dessert recipes, we've got you covered.
Once you've mastered the art of making these pralines, you'll have a taste of Savannah's culinary heritage right at your fingertips. It's a sweet treat that's perfect for sharing with friends and family, or as a delicious souvenir from your Southern cooking journey.
So, why wait? Dive into the delightful world of Southern desserts with our Savannah's Famous Pralines recipe. And if you're ever in Savannah, don't forget to check out the city's most delicious offerings. Happy cooking!