Lillian Brooks is a food critic and travel enthusiast with a deep appreciation for Savannah's culinary scene. From the freshest seafood to the most decadent desserts, Lillian's reviews offer a tantalizing taste of the city's diverse food landscape. Her passion for food and travel make her articles a delicious read.
- Savannah has a variety of dog parks and beaches that are perfect for playing and exploring with your furry friend.
- Herty Pines Dog Park and Beasley Dog Park are two top spots for dogs to run off-leash and have fun.
- Tybee Island is a pet-friendly beach near Savannah where dogs can enjoy walks and playing in the waves.
- Savannah has many pet-friendly restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy delicious food while your dog lounges by your side.
Welcome to the charming city of Savannah, where southern hospitality extends not just to humans but also to our furry friends. This coastal Georgia gem is a haven for pet lovers, boasting an array of dog parks and beaches that cater to every pooch's playtime preferences. Whether you're a local or just passing through with your four-legged companion, Savannah's pet-friendly spots are sure to make tails wag with delight.
Savannah's Top Dog Parks: Where Paws Meet Play
Imagine a place where dogs can frolic freely, sniff out new friendships, and enjoy the great outdoors. Savannah's dog parks are exactly that – little slices of paradise for pups. The city takes pride in its well-maintained spaces designed for dogs of all sizes and breeds. Let's dig into some of the top dog parks that should be on every pet owner's list.
Savannah's Canine Havens
- Herty Pines Dog Park - Nestled under a canopy of towering pines, this park offers an escape for pups to romp freely. Amenities include separate areas for large and small dogs, water fountains, and plenty of seating for humans.
- Skidaway Island State Park - A scenic retreat for dogs and owners alike. With trails winding through maritime forests and salt marshes, it's a sniff-and-explore paradise. Note: Leashes required.
- Beasley Dog Park - A local favorite, Beasley features a large, off-leash area with soft grass and agility equipment for an extra dose of fun. It's a social hotspot for dogs of all sizes.
- Forsyth Park - While not a dedicated dog park, Forsyth's sprawling lawns are perfect for a leashed stroll. The iconic fountain also makes a stunning backdrop for those doggy photoshoots.
- Wormsloe Historic Site - History and hounds collide at Wormsloe, where leashed pets can wander along the oak-lined avenue. A treat for both culture enthusiasts and their four-legged companions.
- Tybee Island Beaches - While restrictions apply during peak seasons, the sandy shores of Tybee Island offer a splash-tastic time for water-loving pups during designated times.
One standout is the Herty Pines Dog Park, nestled within the larger Daffin Park area. It's a spacious spot where dogs can run off-leash in a safe, enclosed environment. Meanwhile, Beasley Dog Park offers separate areas for large and small dogs, ensuring a playful yet secure experience for everyone.
Beach Bum Pups: Oceanfront Frolics in Savannah
No visit to Savannah is complete without feeling the sand between your toes – or paws! The city is near some of the most picturesque beaches in Georgia, many of which welcome four-legged visitors with open arms. From sandy strolls at sunrise to splashing around in the waves, these beaches are perfect for an active day out with your dog.
Tybee Island, just a short drive from downtown Savannah, is known for its pet-friendly attitude. While there are restrictions during peak times, mornings and evenings provide serene settings for peaceful walks along the shore with your pup. Don't forget to check local guidelines before you go to ensure you and your companion have a hassle-free beach day.
Dine and Dash: Pet-Friendly Restaurants & Cafes
After all that playing and splashing around, you'll both be craving some nourishment. Luckily, Savannah boasts an impressive roster of pet-friendly restaurants and cafes. Many establishments offer outdoor seating where dogs are more than welcome to lounge while their owners savor delicious Southern cuisine or sip on artisanal coffee.
Savannah's Scrumptious Spots for Pooches and People
- Start your culinary adventure with a hearty brunch at The Collins Quarter, where pups can lounge by your side on the charming outdoor patio.🍳
- Sip on a refreshing iced latte at Foxy Loxy Cafe, a spot that's as much a treat for the senses as it is for your four-legged friend.☕
- Indulge in some gourmet dog treats from Woof Gang Bakery while you nibble on a scrumptious pastry.🧁
- Experience the famous Southern hospitality at Moon River Brewing Company's beer garden, where dogs are greeted with water bowls and plenty of pats.🍺
- Enjoy a slice of pizza heaven at Vinnie Van Go-Go's, where the outdoor seating is as welcoming as the cheesy goodness on your plate.🍕
- Unwind with a glass of wine at the dog-friendly tables of The Sentient Bean, known for its organic fare and cozy atmosphere.🍷
- Bask in the riverside views at Tubby's Tank House in Thunderbolt and share a seafood feast with your furry companion.🦐
- Cap off your day with a sweet treat from Leopold's Ice Cream, where pet-friendly flavors mean everyone gets a lick!🍦
If you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a side of history, The Olde Pink House Restaurant provides an exquisite dining experience on their outdoor patio where pets can join in on the elegance. For those seeking something more casual yet equally satisfying, B&D Burgers offers mouthwatering options with comfortable outdoor seating perfect for people- and pet-watching.
Finding Your Pet-Friendly Stay in Savannah
Your adventure doesn't have to end when the sun sets; it merely transitions into cozy relaxation at one of Savannah's many pet-friendly hotels or resorts. Whether you prefer luxury accommodations or quaint bed-and-breakfasts, there’s no shortage of options where both you and your furry friend will feel right at home.
Where does your furry friend feel most pampered in Savannah?
Savannah is a haven for pet lovers, offering a variety of accommodations that welcome your four-legged companions. What's your go-to choice when traveling with your pet to this charming city?
To find the perfect spot that caters to both your needs and those of your pup, take our fun quiz at Find Your Perfect Pet-Friendly Hotel in Savannah. And if you're looking for something more indulgent, consider staying at one of the lavish resorts in Savannah, where pampering is part of the package—for humans and pets alike!
In this first half of our guide through Savannah's pet-friendly paradise, we've unleashed some top spots where pets can play and stay alongside their human companions. But don't let curiosity stop here; there are still more treasures waiting to be discovered by both two- and four-legged explorers alike!
Unleash the Fun at Herty Pines Dog Park
After a hearty stroll through Savannah's charming streets, Herty Pines Dog Park is the perfect place for your furry friend to romp around. Nestled in the heart of Savannah, this dog park is a hidden gem where your pooch can enjoy off-leash freedom in a safe, enclosed environment. The park features separate areas for large and small dogs, ensuring that your pet can play with others of a similar size.
While your four-legged companion mingles with new friends, you can relax on one of the park's benches under the shade of towering pines. Don't forget to bring water for both you and your pet, as playing can be thirsty work!
Savoring Seaside Serenity at Tybee Island's Dog-Friendly Beaches
Savannah's coastal charm doesn't end with its historic district—just a short drive away, Tybee Island beckons with its sandy shores and welcoming waves. While there are restrictions during certain times of the year, dogs are allowed on Tybee's beaches during select months. Always remember to check local regulations before planning your beach day.
Dog Beach Day Kit
- Leash and Harness - Keep your furry pal safe and within reach.
- Portable Water Bowl - Hydration is key under the Savannah sun.
- Canine Sunscreen - Protect your pooch's skin from UV rays.
- Poop Bags - Be a responsible pet parent and keep the beach clean.
- Chew Toys - Engage your dog's playful side on the sandy shores.
- Towels - For drying off after a splash in the waves.
- Dog Treats - Reward your buddy for good beach behavior.
- First-Aid Kit - Just in case of any unexpected boo-boos.
- Beach Umbrella - Shade for you and your four-legged friend.
- Collapsible Tent - An instant, cozy retreat from the sun.
Imagine the joy as your pup dashes along the shoreline or bravely navigates the gentle surf. For those who prefer a more tranquil experience, sunrise or sunset walks along these beaches offer moments of pure magic.
Pet-Friendly Dining: A Culinary Adventure with Your Canine
No trip to Savannah would be complete without exploring its culinary delights, and fortunately for pet owners, many restaurants offer pet-friendly patios. The city's southern hospitality extends to four-legged guests, so you can indulge in mouthwatering local cuisine while your pet lounges by your side.
Savannah's Top Pet-Friendly Restaurants and Their Signature Dishes
If you're craving fresh seafood or traditional southern fare, you'll find an array of options where both you and your furry friend will feel welcomed. Make sure to treat your dog to some special snacks too—many eateries provide treats for their canine visitors!
Remember that after a day full of excitement and treats, having a cozy place to rest is vital. Ensure that you book a stay at one of Savannah’s top pet-friendly hotels, so both you and your pal can recharge in comfort.
Savannah's Pet-Friendly Dining Guide
Incorporating these delightful experiences into your itinerary guarantees that Savannah will leave paw prints on both your heart and that of your beloved companion. Whether it’s chasing frisbees at one of the city’s lush parks or sampling savory bites under the stars, every moment spent here deepens the bond between you and your pet.
Savannah truly is a haven where pets are not just accommodated but celebrated. For those considering moving here with their furry family members or seeking employment in a pet-friendly city, explore openings at pet-loving establishments in Savannah. And if you’re still pondering whether this Southern jewel is right for you and your four-legged friend, take our quiz to discover if Savannah is indeed the perfect spot for your dog.
To keep up-to-date with any changes regarding pet policies or discover new spots that welcome pets with open arms, join our community discussion at "What Are Your Thoughts on Savannah Georgia?"
With its enchanting parks, serene beaches, and hospitable dining options, Savannah ensures that every member of the family—even those on four legs—can enjoy Southern charm at its finest.
Before packing up those leashes and treats for an unforgettable trip to Savannah with your tail-wagging companion, check out our comprehensive guide on pet-friendly accommodations in Savannah. And don’t forget to share all those adorable moments using #SavannahPawsParadise!
What's Your Must-Have at a Pet-Friendly Destination?
When you and your furry friend are exploring the great outdoors, what amenity is a total game-changer for you? Vote for your top pick!